The only personal data stored by Mahala Limited are email addresses of newsletter subscribers. By subscribing to the newsletter subscribers have given permission to be contacted with marketing information via email only in relation to Mahala Limited.
Any email addresses submitted are not shared with third parties.
We do not have access to the IP address of newsletter subscribers or users of the site.
Analytics cookies – In order to keep the website relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, web analytics services are used to help understand how people use the site.
Cookies allow web analytics services to recognise your browser or device and, for example, identify whether you have visited our website before, what you have previously viewed or clicked on, and how you found the website. The information is anonymous and only used for statistical purposes, and it helps to analyse patterns of user activity and to develop a better user experience.
Web analytics data and cookies cannot be used to identify you – they do not contain personal information such as your name or email address.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We accept payments through Squareup. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Squareup, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.